PERRLA, LLC User Forums

register | lost password  
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » APA Discussion » Citing a code of ethics

Questions about the APA format.
5/23/2012 1:06:02 PM

gardnergirl
gardnergirl
I need to cite an actual code of ethics that is not printed in a journal or magazine. I am not finding a way to do that in PERRLA. Can anyone give me any advice on how to do this?

Thank you!
0 permalink
5/23/2012 1:08:40 PM

Alan Olson
Alan Olson
Hi! The reference type you choose will really depend on where you are pulling the code of ethics from. Is it from the Internet? If so, you may want to try one of the 'Article on Stand Alone Website' options.

If you're still not sure, please let us know where you are getting the information from.

--
Alan Olson
PERRLA Support
0 permalink
5/23/2012 1:12:19 PM

gardnergirl
gardnergirl
I am pulling the actual code of ethics from the ACA and NBCC websites however I need to cite specific sections of the codes and the Article on stand alone website does not give me that option.
0 permalink
5/23/2012 1:19:44 PM

gardnergirl
gardnergirl
The article on stand alone also asks for a web address and I do not have one as when you pull up the code of ethics it actually comes up in a PDF document.
0 permalink
5/23/2012 1:38:30 PM

Alan Olson
Alan Olson
In both cases I would recommend using the reference type "Gray Literature - With Corporate Author". The PDF is paginated, so the citation will use the page numbers in the PDF for specific sections.

National Board of Certified Counselors. (2005). Code of Ethics [Code]. Retrieved from National Board for Certified Counselors website: http://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/nbcc-codeofethics.pdf

--
Alan Olson
PERRLA Support
0 permalink
5/23/2012 1:40:42 PM

gardnergirl
gardnergirl
Absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much Alan!!! Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
0 permalink

Home » APA Discussion » Citing a code of ethics

PERRLA® and the PERRLA logo are the registered trademarks of PERRLA, LLC.
PERRLA, LLC is not in any way associated with or endorsed with or endorsed by the American Psychological Association (APA) or the Modern Language Association (MLA).
APA and MLA are registered trademarks of the American Psychological Association and the Modern Language Association respectively. More info here.